The truth about cravings and how to control them in a healthy way :)
The meaning of glycemic index (GI) :
a measure of how quickly blood sugar levels (i.e. levels of glucose in the blood) rise after eating a particular type of food.
check here for a list of the glycemic index and glycemic load for more than 100 common foods.
recommended amount of sugar per day:
for women : 6 tbsp. (30 g) of sugar.
for men : 9 tbsp. (45 g) of sugar.
(1 tbsp. of sugar = to 5 g)
(please don’t remove anything)
The truth about sugar cravings and how to fight them.
Wholewheat French toast topped with cinnamon, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, organic peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and whole strawberries.
Satay chicken with carrots, zucchini and broccoli with brown rice.
Mediterranean chicken paella with white wine, olives, roasted peppers and continental parsley.
6 chicken thighs (with fat trimmed)
1 large brown onion diced
1 large garlic clove
1 large jar of roasted red peppers
1 small jar of kalamata olives
1 packet of paella seasoning
1.5 cups of arborio rice
1.5 cups of white wine
3 cups of chicken stock
200g of frozen peas
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of chill paste
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
2. Season with salt and pepper, adding 2 teaspoons of paella seasoning to coat the chicken pieces.
3. Leave seasoning on for about 15 minutes.
4. Heat up olive oil in non-stick frying pan.
5. Add chopped garlic and diced onions and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Add diced chicken pieces and chilli paste and cook until sealed and golden brown.
7. Remove chicken and place on a different plate to cool.
8. Add Arborio rice to the frying pan and move it around to soak up the onion and chicken juices.
9. Gently pour in the white wine and allow the rice to bubble and cook for about 3 minutes.
10. Add the onion/chicken mix back into the pan and cook slowly on medium heat.
11. Once rice is mixed through, pour in 2 cups of chicken stock and allow to simmer.
12. Once stock has been absorbed, add in remaining cup of stock and bring to boil constantly stirring gently.
13. After all stock has been absorbed, add red peppers, olives and peas. Stir in the mixture allow to cook until rice has expanded and feels soft.
14. Have a quick taste and then serve with chopped continental parsley and lemon wedge.
bringing it back because it’s good for everyone
What she said